- About the BME voluntary sector
- Policy, Campaigns, Research & Projects
- Public Sector Equality Duty Review
- Big Society
- Race Equality
- Public Services
- Influencing Parliament
- Consultations & Responses
- V4CE Research Fellowship
- Supporting collaboration
- Strengthening Voices
- Young Entrepreneur Story Archive
- Support & Services
- Sector Directory, Networks & Blogs
- Consultancy services
Bid Writing Training
Venue & Times: Central London, near Bond Street tube on the Central Line. 09:30 registration, 10:00 start. Lunch and refreshments provided. Ends 16:30
Aim: To offer delegates a practical guide to writing a good funding bid.
Who should attend? Those who want to learn techniques to make your bid stand out and have a greater chance of success.
Content: This training will cover -
- What funders are looking for and what funders hate
- Contracts and commissioning processes
- Focussing on outcomes not process
- llustrating how a project is to be delivered and making expected results come to life
Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will leave with –
- Knowledge of how to tailor language to funders and commissioners
- Knowing how to see bids from a funders / commissioners perspective
- Knowing how to sell your project as unique
- Knowing how to sell your project as being good value for money
- Knowing how to tell a story in your bid
- Knowing how to separate project and core costs
- An understanding of how to build a strong case for funding support
- An understanding of how to sell a tight project budget
- An understanding of exit strategies and sustainability
Methodology: The session will offer a blend of individual reflection; group exercises; creative and engaging computer-based exercises; presentation; role-plays.
Costs: £75 (Charities with 0-9 employees); £150 (Charities with 10-19 employees); £225 (Charities with 20+ employees); £225 (Social Enterprises and CICs); £350 (Companies); £50 (Voice4Change members with over three months membership). 10% off the costs for organisations who are Voice4Change members less than three months.
To book your place please contact V4CE team.
If you have specific training requirements in mind, we also offer cost effective consultancy services. We are happy to work with organisation at their own offices.
To download this (PDF) leaflet click here.
To download a Word document containing this information click here.