- About the BME voluntary sector
- Policy, Campaigns, Research & Projects
- Public Sector Equality Duty Review
- Big Society
- Race Equality
- Public Services
- Influencing Parliament
- Consultations & Responses
- V4CE Research Fellowship
- Supporting collaboration
- Strengthening Voices
- Young Entrepreneur Story Archive
- Support & Services
- Sector Directory, Networks & Blogs
- Consultancy services
*Cancelled* Seva, Sadaqah and Ubuntu - Voice4Change England Volunteers Week Event
During Volunteer Week (1st-7th June) Voice4Change are holding an event to celebrate the contribution volunteers make to BME organisations.
Seva, Sadaqah and Ubuntu are all concepts of volunteering, giving and community in different languages and cultures. As well as celebrating these concepts and the work that volunteers do we want to answer some important questions;
- What can be done to uphold the volunteering legacy of the 2012 London Olympics in BME communities?
- Why is volunteering important in BME communities?
- What can we do to encourage BME volunteering?
- How to BME VCS organisations take on volunteers?
- Michelle Moore, Runnymeade Trustee
- Jake Ferguson, CEO, Hackney CVS
- Lauren Tobias, CEO, Hackney Volunteer Centre
The event will be chaired by Elizabeth Balgobin, Chair, Voice4Change England.
1.30pm-4pm, Monday 3rd June – Hackney CVS, 84 Springfield House, 5 Tyssen Street, London, E8 2LY
For more information, please email Samantha@voice4change-england.co.uk or call 02076974246