- About the BME voluntary sector
- Policy, Campaigns, Research & Projects
- Public Sector Equality Duty Review
- Big Society
- Race Equality
- Public Services
- Influencing Parliament
- Consultations & Responses
- V4CE Research Fellowship
- Supporting collaboration
- Strengthening Voices
- Young Entrepreneur Story Archive
- Support & Services
- Sector Directory, Networks & Blogs
- Consultancy services
Dates: This course runs over two full days .
Aim: An introduction to fundraising – the aim is to give initial information about how to fundraise in your organisation for entry level/new organisations.
Who should attend: Fundraisers from small charities who wish to develop a plan to access and secure support from a range of funders, to develop an effective case for why funders should support their cause and who are looking to access and secure funding from UK grant-making trusts and foundations.
Content: This training will cover -
- The case for support
- Trusts and Foundations
- Developing a fundraising plan
Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will –
- Be able to identify the information and resources necessary to build the case
- Demonstrate how to use the case in writing and face to face
- Use the case as a starting point for building a relationship with funder
- Identify Trusts & Foundations
- How individual donors and philanthropy operates
- Understand private sector and corporate sponsorship
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practice requirements
- Understand the structure and submit application
- Identify relevant regulation and best practice in fundraising
- Understand how to build a fundraising plan
- Construct the outline of a fundraising plan for their organisation
Methodology: This will be a mixture of presentations, group exercises and discussions & hand-outs.
Venue: Central London, near Bond Street tube on the Central Line.
Times: Full day - 09:30 registration, 10:00 start. Lunch and refreshments provided. Ends 15:30. Half days - 12:30 registration, 13:00 start, 15:30 ends.
Costs: £200 (Charities with 0-9 employees); £400 (Charities with 10-19 employees); £500 (Charities with 20+ employees); £500 (Social Enterprises and CICs); £700 (Companies); £100 (Voice4Change members with over three months membership). 10% off the costs for organisations who are Voice4Change members less than three months.
To book your place contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (020) 3405 5212
If you have specific training requirements in mind, we also offer cost effective consultancy services. We are happy to work with organisation at their own offices.