- About the BME voluntary sector
- Policy, Campaigns, Research & Projects
- Public Sector Equality Duty Review
- Big Society
- Race Equality
- Public Services
- Influencing Parliament
- Consultations & Responses
- V4CE Research Fellowship
- Supporting collaboration
- Strengthening Voices
- Young Entrepreneur Story Archive
- Support & Services
- Sector Directory, Networks & Blogs
- Consultancy services
Venue & Times: Central London, near Bond Street tube on the Central Line. 09:30 registration, 10:00 start. Lunch and refreshments provided. Ends 16:30
Aim: To offer delegates a practical guide to:
- How to access and influence your MP, MEP & councillors
- Various ways of getting your case or issue aired by decision-makers.
Who should attend? Those who want to better understand how parliament works so that you can use MPs, Peers, Councillors and MEPs to raise issues you care about.
Content: This training will cover -
- Understanding how Parliament works – and how decision-makers can raise issues on your behalf
- How you can interact with the parliamentary process
- The role of Whitehall and the machinery of government
- Navigating through party rivalries
- Understanding local councils / councillors and Euro MEPs
Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will leave with –
- Knowledge of the parliamentary system and the various ways MPs can raise your issues and concerns
- Knowledge of the European Parliament and local authorities and how to lobby MEPs and councillors
- Understand the legislative process
- How to influence civil servants and special advisors
- Understand how lobbying can benefit your organisation
- Understand the role media relations and public affairs can play in campaigns
- Being able to identify different lobbying approaches
Methodology: The session will offer a blend of individual reflection; group exercises; creative and engaging computer-based exercises; presentation; role-plays.
Costs: £70 (Charities with 0-9 employees); £200 (Charities with 10-19 employees); £240 (Charities with 20+ employees); £240 (Social Enterprises and CICs); £370 (Companies); £60 (Voice4Change members with over three months membership). 10% off the costs for organisations who are Voice4Change members less than three months.
To book your place contact V4CE team. If you have specific training requirements in mind, we also offer cost effective consultancy services. We are happy to work with organisation at their own offices.
For more information email: email@example.com or call (020) 340 55214
To download this leaflet (PDF) click here.
To download a Word document with full training details click here.