- About the BME voluntary sector
- Policy, Campaigns, Research & Projects
- Public Sector Equality Duty Review
- Big Society
- Race Equality
- Public Services
- Influencing Parliament
- Consultations & Responses
- V4CE Research Fellowship
- Supporting collaboration
- Strengthening Voices
- Young Entrepreneur Story Archive
- Support & Services
- Sector Directory, Networks & Blogs
- Consultancy services
Venue & Times: Central London, near Bond Street tube on the Central Line. 09:30 registration, 10:00 start. Lunch and refreshments provided. Ends 16:30
Aim: To offer delegates a practical guide to:
- Making the best use of social media and boost your online presence and marketing;
- Understanding the media, crafting a story, selling the story (including press release-writing);
- Interview techniques.
Who should attend? Those who want to improve the positive public profile of your organisation and key officers, enhancing key messages and impressing stakeholders (including funders).
Content: This training will cover -
- Social media as a campaigning tool and keeping up-to-date
- Monetising your web presence
- Communications strategies
- Marketing and brand identity
- Press release writing, understanding journalists and the media
- Preparing for interviews & interview techniques
- Pitfalls to avoid
Outcomes: By the end of the session participants will leave with –
- An understanding of how to turn communications strategies into tangible media coverage
- Knowing how about how the social media & web presence can assist / underpin good news stories, and galvanise / mobilise supporters
- Ideas for good ‘angles’ for positive stories and knowledge of how to tailor them to media outlets to maximise your chances of real positive coverage
- An understanding of how utilising your own and external media can assist fundraising and income generation
- Practice interview techniques and receive constructive feedback
- An understanding of the structure of press releases and how to make good stories more attractive to journalists
Methodology: The session will offer a blend of individual reflection; group exercises; creative and engaging computer-based exercises; presentation; role-plays.
Costs: £85 (Charities with 0-9 employees); £160 (Charities with 10-19 employees); £220 (Charities with 20+ employees); £220 (Social Enterprises and CICs); £300 (Companies); £65 (Voice4Change members with over three months membership). 10% off the costs for organisations who are Voice4Change members less than three months.
To book your place contact V4CE team.
If you have specific training requirements in mind, we also offer cost effective consultancy services. We are happy to work with organisation at their own offices.
For more information email: email@example.com or call (020) 3405 5210
To download this PDF leaflet click here.
To dowload a Word document with information contained on this page click here.