- About the BME voluntary sector
- Policy, Campaigns, Research & Projects
- Public Sector Equality Duty Review
- Big Society
- Race Equality
- Public Services
- Influencing Parliament
- Consultations & Responses
- V4CE Research Fellowship
- Supporting collaboration
- Strengthening Voices
- Young Entrepreneur Story Archive
- Support & Services
- Sector Directory, Networks & Blogs
- Consultancy services
Policy, Campaigns & Research
Voice4Change England (V4CE) is a national advocate for the Black and Minority Ethnic voluntary and community sector (BME VCS). We represent and promote the interests of the BME VCS to Government and other policymakers including funders. We want to ensure that policymaking gives BME VCOs the best environment and support to promote race equality and improve the outcomes for BME communities.
What do we do?
- Influence parliamentarians and senior government officials to better understand and support the BME VCS. More on how we influence Whitehall
- Campaign on key issues for the BME VCS. Follow our campaigns
- Respond to consultation and produce briefings on government policies which fall within our key policy priorities. Read our consultation responses
- Carry out research to build a strong knowledge base around the BME VCS to increase understanding of the sector and its needs. Read our past research reports.
Tell us what we should be looking at
We regularly review our policy areas to reflect the changing external environment and member needs. If you feel there are other policy areas we should be focusing on or if you have something to say about our existing policy areas - let our Policy Team know on 0207 843 6129.
Voice4Change England runs campaigns to bring the BME VCS and its supporters together to create change. Our most recent campaigns include:
Save the Equality Act: our contribution to protect the hard won Equality Act from attempts to scrap, reform, simplify or merge parts or the entire Act under the guise of reducing red tape. IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO ADD YOUR SUPPORT.
Shared Vision: our collaborative vision for the future of the BME VCS, with recommendations to policymakers and the sector over 9 policy areas. PLEDGE YOUR SUPPORT for the future of the sector.
Big Unfair Society: our successful campaign to secure a voice for BME and other equality-led organisations in policy development and delivery by the Office for Civil Society.
Talk to Us
To talk to a member of staff about our campaigns, please call 020 7697 4242